Eligibility to Participate in the Prabodhan International Short Film Festival
- The Prabodhan International Short Film Festival (PISFF) will be held on 15th & 16th January, 2022.
- Only short fiction films made by Marathi filmmakers in Marathi language are accepted. The director, producer, lead actors & actresses, scriptwriter, lyricists of these short films must be Marathi. Other technicians can be non-Marathi.
- Short films on following subjects are considered for Special Awards:
a. Film’s subject highlighting social, cultural, educational, historical Maharashtra
b. Film’s subject based on Marathi literature
c. Film’s subject based on Marathi theatre / drama play
- Short films by filmmaking students from film schools and mass-media institutes are also invited. These films are considered for a Special Award.
- Short films must have subtitles in English language.
- Short film’s duration must be minimum 3 minutes and maximum
2030 minutes, including opening and closing credits.
- Short film must be a fiction. Non-fiction (documentary) and animations films are not accepted.
- The age of director must be 18 years or above.
- Short films available online on OTT platforms, YouTube or similar portals for public viewing are not eligible.
- Entry fee for each film submission is Rs. 500/- to be paid online immediately on submitting the Entry Form.
- All content used in the short film must be either owned or licensed. If any copyrighted material is used in the film, the participant must have the permission and submit a copy to the Festival Organizers.
- Multiple entries from the same participant are accepted, but each short film must be accompanied by a separate form and entry fee.
- The dates of PISFF are 15th & 16th January 2022, and it may be organised physically (in theatre) or online. In online mode, participating short films will be made available for streaming to a private audience. The participants must agree to these terms.
Other Important Rules
- The organisers reserve the rights to copy or use the material submitted by the participants including the film in any form, online or offline, for the festival’s promotional and archival purposes and in non-commercial means. Your short film will never be shared with anyone or uploaded online for any commercial purpose.
- The short films that are selected in festival’s final selection line-up will not be allowed to withdraw under any circumstances.
- The decision of selection, awards, and prizes by festival’s juries, expert panels and festival programmers will be final and binding.
- Festival director reserves the right to change/modify/alter any rule or its part or event of this festival anytime.
- Festival director will settle any dispute not covered in these regulations, and his decision will be final and binding.